Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Waiting for a School

So, I signed my Fellowship contract today to teach for Memphis City Schools as a High School Biology teacher. I am really excited about this new chapter, however, I am a little nervous.
My nervousness primarily comes from the fact that I am a little obsessive compulsive and like to plan and that is hard to do if you don't know where you are going to be and what your schedule is going to be. It also is because I will have to coordinate with Geoff to get our kids to and from their school, so we'll have to get a nanny.

In the meantime while I wait I have met with one of my friends who was a Teach For America teacher. She gave me lots of great resources, but I still want some serious planning and information. I also am a member of the National Science Teacher Association they also have lots of great resources!

Now, I just need to figure out how to stay calm without knowing what's next...ugh...

This book also has some good insight, though I have to admit I don't own it yet...Maybe when I get a Nook!!
Cover of Wendy Kopp's book One Day, All Childr...Image via Wikipedia
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails